Show Audio Feeds
Pocket Casts links
- G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RickTimmis
- Blog: http://sickrimmit.blogspot.co.uk/
Aaron Honeycutt (Video/Audio Podcast Production)
What have we (the hosts) been doing ?
- Playing with the Amazon Echo Dot
- Playing Firewatch
- Working on Porting Kdevelop Xdebug plugin to KF5
- On sick leave (have the Flu) (and so does Simon :P)
- Got some new tools and my woodworking shop is almost usable
- Tried to compile KMail for 2 days (to add a new functionality)
- Working on official Docker image for Pootle (step towards getting Pootle in Kubuntu and KDE)
Sponsor: Big Blue Button
Those of you that have attended the Kubuntu parties, will have seen our Big Blue Button conference and online education service.
Video, Audio, Presentation, Screenshare and whiteboard tools.
We are very grateful to Fred Dixon and the team at BigBlueButton.org go check out their project.
- Controversy in the News:
- Untrue: Betanews reports “Linux Mint lacks resources to maintain KDE Plasma version — turns to Kubuntu team for help” – http://betanews.com/2016/12/11/linux-mint-resources-kde-plasma-kubuntu
- True: We reached out to Mint and asked if they would help test the backports – http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3175
- KDE Community “announcement” on G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KdeOrg/posts/5eMquXUzhmG
- In Backports PPA for Xenial and Yakkety:
- KDE Frameworks 5.28
- KDE Applications 16.04.3
- KDE Plasma 5.8.5
- Ovidiu – Pootle
- Aaron – Second Life client
- Rick – Ubuntu-Make
Linode, an awesome VPS with super fast SSD’s, Data connections, and top notch support. We have worked out a sponsorship for a server to build packages quicker and get to our users faster.
Instantly deploy and get a Linode Cloud Server up and running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
- SSD Storage
- 40Gbit Network
- Intel E5 Processors
BIG SHOUT OUT to Linode for working with us!
Kubuntu Developer Feedback
- Frameworks 5.29 delayed due to compile issues on Launchpad
- Trello card: https://trello.com/c/J5w6GdXP
- KDevelop and Krita synced with Debian
- Waiting on Qt 5.7.1 to land in Zesty before we can ship a KDE Applications version greater than 16.04.3 due to some PIM parts depending on QtWebEngine, which is a new package coming to the Ubuntu archive along with 5.7.1. We are currently seeing if we can do a partial upload with the applications that DON’T depend on QtWebEngine so we can at least ship some newer applications
- KDE Plasma 5.8.5 is also shipped, with an upstream fix fixing a regression in which the Save dialog appears as an Open dialog, fix in the upstream tarball as of 5.8.6 and 5.9.0
Aaron’s game pick of the month: Firewatch
Bytemark was founded with a simple mission: reliable, UK hosting. Co-founders Matthew Bloch & Peter Taphouse, both engineers by nature built the business from the ground up.
Today, they lead a team of 31 staff who operate Bytemark’s own data centre in York, monitor its 10Gbps national network and deliver 24/7 support to clients of all sizes. Brands hosted on Bytemark’s network include the Royal College of Art, data.gov.uk and DVLA Auctions, and of course Kubuntu.
Drop by their website, and get Started with a free month of cloud hosting!
Afiliate link: http://www.bytemark.co.uk/r/kubuntu
How to contact the Kubuntu Team:
- Website: https://kubuntu.org
- IRC: irc.freenode.net
- Telegram Groups:
- Telegram Channel:
- Social Media
How to contact the Kubuntu Podcast Team: